Sunday, May 31, 2015

Proof that woodworking does not have to be solitary

I love working on projects with friends. It is really nice to have company in the shop, and skate the sense of satisfaction from accomplishing something.

Yesterday Abby, Charlotte, and Frank joined me for a glowing epoxy job, but we also got some mortises and tenons knocked out--my idea of a good day.

I'll just let the pictures do the talking:

Abby is mortising while Frank saws out haunched tenons.
Charlotte saws tenon edges with intense focus.

Somebody had the bright idea to use sugar to figure out how much epoxy we needed to mix up.
The payoff. Phosphorescent powder and epoxy have landed in our rout.

I think this was a first for Abby and her dog.

Thanks to everyone who came today, plus my wife, D, and Patty for all the good work and positivity you are bringing to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment