I just bought some clear pine for a toolchest (and some extra) at my local lumber purveyor. I got it home fast ;-). I'm stacking and stickering at home now. Since stickers need to come fom wood that's handy, very dry, and expendable, I'm cutting strips from a scrap of 5/8 plywood.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Progress was slower than hoped (as always), but we had good results and relatively few mistakes. I planed one leg assembly smooth while Adam took the excess off the miter keys in the top frame with a block plane.
|One leg, planed smooth and with polyurethane drying|
|Miter keys without the excess|
Adam did a nice job with the miter keys. Clamping the frame was awkward, but we made it work. Since the front surfaces of my workbench are not flush, it involved some blocks. Speaking of blocks, clamping a block alongside helped prevent the corners from chipping out, but not as much as planing with the grain (duh).
|Half a tine short of a fork|
|Holding the broken piece. The plane behind it is the one that broke.|
|Adam levelling legs. Just look at that focus!|