Sunday, December 13, 2015

This is what a hand-tool problem looks like.

This is how far I got ripping by hand (pictured) before I remembered that I have an electric jigsaw. Maybe 2 or 3 feet.

Step 1 is admitting you have a problem, and I think step 2 is bargaining. After that I'm a bit hazy.

...Then I thought, "meh, I don't feel like taking it off the wall", and proceeded to rip the rest of the 7 feet by hand.

In all fairness, using the jigsaw would have meant taking it down, plugging it in, puttting on safety glasses, hearing protection, and dust mask, making the cut while keeping the cord out of the way, putting the tool away, putting eye/ear protection away, wearing the dust mask a little longer while the dust settled, getting sick of it and taking it off after 10 minutes, and having an itchy throat for 3 days. Heck, I needed the exercise anyway.

But these are just rationalizations and excuses. Obviously, power tools are always more efficient. If you see a scene like this or hear so-called reasons like these from a friend or loved one, help is not far away.

Take them to your local power-tool vendor and introduce them to a salesperson. They probably just need someone to accuse them of being crazy, before it's too late.



No comments:

Post a Comment